1. Merlett Tecnoplastic commits to protect your personal information
Merlett Tecnoplastic is committed to protect your privacy and your personal information. We encourage you to read this privacy statement.
This Privacy Statement informs you of our privacy practices and the way your personal information is collected online and how that information is used by us. This statement will be readily available on our home page and at the bottom of every Merlett Web page.
Merlett Tecnoplasticstrongly supports the fundamental rights to privacy and data Protection as well as compliance with national and international privacy laws.
Merlett Tecnoplasticcommits to maintain confidential any personal information and to strictly limit any disclosure in accordance with local laws.
In all Merlett companies, we respect and take into account the major principles of the EU Directive 95/46/EC as our Head-Office is located in European Union.
Our Privacy Rules are applicable in all of our affiliates for the collection, processing, use, dissemination, transfer, and storage of personal information. They impose common rules for all of our entities of all countries, and aim at ensuring a high level of protection of personal information within Merlett Tecnoplastic.
2. To whom this Privacy statement applies
Merlett Tecnoplasticis a European company, with legal entities, business processes, management structures, and technical systems that cross borders. This Privacy Statement applies to all Merlett Tecnoplastic-owned websites, domains, services, applications, and products, and those of our wholly owned subsidiaries.
List of Merlett websites:
3. How we process your personal information?
Merlett Tecnoplasticrespects the privacy rights and interests of each individual, employee, candidate or customer. Merlett Tecnoplasticsubsidiaries will observe the following principles when processing your personal information:
- Processing your personal information fairly and lawfully.
- Collecting your personal information for specified, legitimate purposes and not processing further in ways incompatible with those purposes.
- Collecting your personal information which is relevant to and not excessive for the purposes for which it is collected and used
- Maintaining your personal information accurate, and where necessary, kept up-to-date. We will take reasonable steps to rectify or delete Data that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Keeping your personal information only as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected and processed.
- Processing your personal information in accordance with the individual’s legal rights.
- Taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to prevent unauthorized access, unlawful processing, and unauthorized or accidental loss, destruction, or damage to personal information.
- Processing your personal information based on the following legal basis:
- You have unambiguously given your consent; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract; or
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Merlett Tecnoplastic is subject; or
- The processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject; or
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the controller or in a third party to whom the data is disclosed; or
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Merlett Tecnoplastic or by the third party or parties to whom the data is disclosed, except where such interests are overridden by the interests for fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject.
All Merlett Tecnoplasticentities ensure that these principles are observed.
4. Why we collect your personal information?
Our primary goals in collecting information are to provide our customers and other users with superior service and a smooth, efficient and personalised experience while using the sites. For example, if you purchase products or request information on the sites, we use your personal information to fill your order or provide the requested information.
Merlett Tecnoplasticmay collect personal Information from you to complete various transactions, such as:
- product or service orders, activations and registrations
- profile creation
- information requests
- marketing or support subscriptions
- contest entries or survey participation
- job applications
5. What information is collected?
Merlett Tecnoplasticcollects and uses your personal information to better serve you and personalise your experience and interaction with Merlett Tecnoplastic. Such collection is done with appropriate notice and consent, along with required filings with data protection authorities, where applicable.
Personal information (or personal data) means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to his physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity.
This privacy statement does not cover personal information rendered anonymous or where pseudonyms are used. Data is rendered anonymous if individual persons are no longer identifiable or are identifiable only with a disproportionately large expense in time, cost, or labour.
It is always up to you whether to disclose personal information to us, although if you elect not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services.
The types of personal information we collect from you may include:
- your name, company, email address, phone number, billing address and shipping address
- customer type, job function, job title, purchasing authority, purchasing timeframe and others
- product and service preferences, contact preferences, educational and employment background, and job interest data
- your Merlett Tecnoplastic user ID and password (where applicable)
- credit card information (where applicable)
- IP address (see chapter on cookies)
How We Use Your Information
We gather and use information in a number of ways, including the following:
Browsing and Searching: We collect certain personal Information when you visit the sites or click on the various links for products and services. We collect this information to improve your web user experience for your next visits (ex: country selection), help run the sites more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information, to monitor the level of activity on the sites, and to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising. (See chapter 8 about cookies)
Ordering: We collect Personal Information when you purchase products and services. We collect this information to deliver your order, to obtain payment, and to communicate with you about the status of your order.
Technical support: We may collect certain information when you request technical support for Merlett Tecnoplastic products. This information is necessary to identify your systems, understand the configuration of the products, diagnose your questions, and provide solutions.
Promotional activities: We collect Personal Information from you when you enter a promotional program or activity. We use this information to administer the program or activity, to send you promotional e-mails, notify winners, and make the winners' list publicly available pursuant to applicable regulations and laws.
Newsletters and promotional e-mails: We collect Personal Information when you ask to receive newsletters, promotional e-mails, and other information. We use this information to provide you the information you request.
Contact information: If you contact us, we keep a record of your correspondence or comments, including Personal Information, in a file specific to you. We use this information to help us provide you better service in the event you contact us again.
We may keep your information for a reasonable period for the purposes set out above.
How do we use your information for marketing?
We (including our group companies) and carefully selected third parties may use the information we collect to inform you, by letter, fax, phone, SMS and email about promotions, news and new products that we think may be of interest to you. By providing us with your information you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us please indicate this where requested on the registration or request form.
6. What we do with your personal data
If you do provide personal information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will:
- not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt–in , we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products;
- take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- not use or disclose the information except:
- as necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- in the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- as required by law,
- to outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of Merlett Tecnoplastic, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organisations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
7. Your content
By providing us with your personal information and using the sites, you consent to our processing your personal data and sensitive personal data for the above purposes. You also consent to our transferring your information to countries or jurisdictions which do not provide the same level of data protection as the EU, if necessary for the above purposes. If we do make such a transfer, we will, if appropriate, put a contract in place to ensure that your information is protected. If you provide us with information about another person, you confirm that they have appointed you to act for them, to consent to the processing of their personal data including sensitive personal data and that you have informed them of our identity and the purposes (as set out above) for which their personal data will be processed.
A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer or to stop cookies being accepted in future you should refer to your browser manufacturer's instructions by clicking "Help" in your browser menu. More information is available at www.AboutCookies.org.
Third party cookies for analytics purpose
In order to provide our visitors with a better service, we measure the number of page views, the number of visits, the different actions performed by visitors on our site, the geo-location of our visitors and the number of times visitors return to our site. For this purpose, we use two web analytics software tools: Analyzer and Google Analytics as well as the marketo Munchkin Cookie.
Google Analytics information
This website uses as well Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
In case IP-anonymisation is activated on this website, your IP address will be truncated within the area of Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the whole IP address will be first transferred to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The IP-anonymisation is active on this website.
Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing them other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Pardot sets three cookies: visitor, opt in, and Pardot app session.
Visitor Cookie: The visitor cookie includes the name “visitor_id” plus the unique identifier for your account, which is derived from the tracking code placed on your site. The value stored is the unique ID for the visitor. For example, cookie name “visitor_id12345" stores the visitor value "123456789," where 12345 is the account identifier and 123456789 represents the visitor ID. This cookie is set by our tracking code on visitors and prospects.
Opt In Cookie: The persistent cookie named "pi_opt_in" is what we use to stay in compliance with the "Do Not Track" initiative.
Pardot App Session Cookie: The session cookie named "pardot" is only set if you're logged into our app as a user (i.e. prospects will not have this cookie set).
How to cancel Cookies
The user can disable some of all cookies following instructions in browser option menu.
For additional info and instructions, please visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/
9. How we protect your information
Merlett Tecnoplastic and its subsidiaries are committed to taking appropriate technical, physical, and organizational measures to protect its Employees and Customers Personal Data against unauthorized access, unlawful processing, accidental loss or damage, and unauthorized destruction.
We also take appropriate measures to ensure that the information disclosed to us is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We limit access to our internal systems that hold Personal Data to a selected group of authorized users who are given access to such systems through the use of a unique identifier and password. Access to Personal Data is limited to and provided to individuals for the purpose of performing their job duties.
Our Third Party Access Policy defines the rules regarding the access types to be granted to the third parties, according to their needs and the security level to be ensured. This policy is applicable to all third parties requiring access to systems, applications, network devices and services and aims at limiting the risks of unauthorized access to Merlett Tecnoplastic Information systems by ensuring limited accesses to the specific needs.
However we cannot guarantee the security of any data you provide to us and you accept the inherent risks of on-line correspondence and purchases over the internet. Any purchases made by you via the Sites are subject to the terms and conditions contained on the Sites.
10. Links to third-party websites
We may also provide social media links that enable you to share information with your social networks and to interact with Mrlett on various social media sites. Your use of these links may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that may be collected, used, and shared by those sites.
11. Terms of Website Use & Website Acceptable Use Policy
Please go the specific policy.
12. Change in this privacy statement
Merlett Tecnoplastic reserves the right to modify this privacy statement as needed, for example, to comply with changes in laws, regulations, Merlett Tecnoplastic practices and procedures, or requirements imposed by data protection authorities.
This statement and the policies referred herein are not intended to and do not create any contractual or other legal rights.